Nelson Classic Car Museum under the Covid Protection Framework ORANGE
The Covid-19 protection framework (aka the traffic light system) will come into effect on Friday 3 December. From then, all visitors to NCCM (including those visiting Little Engine Eatery, Retail Store, Board Room, and offices) will need to be double vaccinated.
At NCCM our number one priority is the health and safety of our guests and team members. We believe it is important to remain calm but vigilant and do what we can as a Company to help limit and slow the spread of the virus, by being practical, kind, considerate and responsible.
We have decided that the best way to ensure the well-being of our community, our visitors, and our staff is to require people entering NCCM to be double vaccinated. We have made this decision after weighing up the risks and benefits, and especially considering our visitors under 12 who cannot currently be vaccinated.
We consider that requiring double vaccination will make NCCM as safe as it can be and keep the Museum accessible for as many as possible to enjoy.
Here’s what to expect when you visit us:
- We will check visitors’ vaccination status at the entrance/reception using the My Vaccine Pass process. Children under 12 will be exempt because they can’t currently be vaccinated.
- You legally must wear a face covering if you are aged 12 years old or over when you enter the Museum.
- Contact tracing is mandatory. Please register your visit to the Museum via the paper-based register at reception, or by using the NZ COVID Tracer app. Please be assured that these records will be kept confidential. Visitors who do not record their details will not be allowed entry to the Museum.
- Under Orange, the limits are based on 1 metre distancing between bubbles, rather than capping at 100.
- By now, you will know the drill, stay home if you are feeling unwell. Use of hand sanitiser is encouraged and will be available throughout the Museum.
We will continue to follow the advice and regulations of the government and will continue to review our policies as the Covid-19 situation evolves.
Be sure to keep an eye out over summer if you can’t come in and enjoy the Museum, we will be making a big effort to get out and about locally throughout the Nelson Tasman region. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for details on where and when to catch us out and about!
We understand that emerging into this new Covid environment is an unsettling time for everyone – none of us are alone in our worry. But we are adapting to this ever-changing environment with common-sense, compassion and strength.
Thank you for your understanding, we wish all of NZ a safe and happy summer.
We look forward to seeing you!
The team at NCCM.